VIRTUALIZATION DESKTOP Infrastructure Engineer - Stuttgart
Come join CSRA, Inc. to support our CITS II program in Stuttgart, Germany that represents IT transformation and innovation on a large project with the shared objective to sustain and optimize CONUS and OCONUS mission critical operations. CITS provides full life-cycle O&M and Engineering support to EUCOM and AFRICOM. Please send resume and certs by contacting Keven DeYoung @ email@example.com or call USA +1 (571) 455-6003.
We are seeking a Virtualization Desktop Infrastructure Engineer in Stuttgart, Germany with hands-on VMware vSphere (5.5/6.0) and Citrix XenDesktop (7.6+) expertise to assess, design, and perform the technical aspects of engineering of large scale VDI architectures. The candidate will provide VMware/Citrix experience as part of a large scale user migration, and will work on a team that will assist with virtualizing applications to ensure a successful migration.
The candidate will also be responsible for evaluating and implementing a load balancing solution as part of the migration. The candidate will contribute to enterprise design planning for the VDI architectures, migrate/virtualize user applications, and create standards and best practices. Work with project management to provide status briefings to stakeholders for specified engineering projects to ensure requirements are met.
Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes. Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise. Participate in the identification and resolution of complex end user computing problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques. Mentor and develop junior engineers; provide cross-training to existing support personnel. Manages customer and stakeholder needs, generates and develops requirements, and performs functional analysis. Develops and implements risk and opportunity management plans, identifies risks, assesses risks, develops mitigation plans, and tracks risks.
Must have 11Years of experience or degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Active Dod Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II (Required)
- VMware Certified Professional (Desired)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (Desired)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Desired )
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- On Call Status may be required
- Must meet TESA requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining VMware vSphere (5.5/6.0)
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining Citrix Infrastructure (XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler)
- Well versed with supporting Windows Server 2008 and higher (Active Directory, GPOs)
- Well versed in Microsoft App-V
- Well versed with Windows Desktop Operating System deployment
- Experience with SAN & NAS storage technologies
- Experience with Dell Blade Systems and Servers