SQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR - Stuttgart
Come join CSRA, Inc. to support our CITS II program in Stuttgart, Germany that represents IT transformation and innovation on a large project with the shared objective to sustain and optimize CONUS and OCONUS mission critical operations. CITS provides full life-cycle O&M and Engineering support to EUCOM and AFRICOM. Please send resume and certs by contacting Keven DeYoung @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call USA +1 (571) 455-6003.
We are seeking SQL Database Administrators candidates here in Stuttgart, Germany.
The SQL database administrator will be responsible for the design, installation, and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 servers in a virtual environment. The DBA will work with and support the other members of the project team to support applications such as HBSS, Lync, SCCM, Citrix, SharePoint, and Exchange. The DBA will be responsible for the creation of low-level design documentation, implementation documentation, and knowledge base articles. The administrator will be expected to participate in engineering design reviews, articulate complex designs, and build decision briefs for leadership to make recommendations for technology lifecycles refreshes, and solutions to customer requirements. The administrator will provide timely updates in status of all assigned tasks to the project manager and members of the leadership team.
- 3-5+ years of Microsoft SQL DBA experience
- Proficient in database technologies, securing databases to DISA STIG compliance, and applying best practices
- Strong understanding of server-client computing and relational databases
- Experience with supporting Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server environments.
- Experience using SRSS.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional planning skills and ability to work within change management parameters
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Works well inside team environment, positive can do attitude
- Maintains data in database environment, including production
- Carries out version control process. Analyzes legacy system data
- Administers database environments that support development
Supports database deployment to environments other than development
Transforms and loads data into database using SQL Loader and PL/SQL
Supports the development teams application development
Works with data modelers on physical data modeling and updates physical data models based on logical model changes.
Works with other DBAs to implement physical data models in database.
Synchronizes physical data model and database implementation.
Serves as liaison with outside IT offices regarding database matters.
Assists in defining back-up and recovery requirements.
Develops code for new functionality, enhancements, and maintenance.
Assists the technical solutions team with testing and implementing technical enhancements to the site, tools for task tracking, version control, and other operational support areas
Desired skills include:
* MySQL and PostgreSQL experience
* Familiarity with the DISA STIG and IAVM process
* Scripting and other coding experience
Years Of Experience:3-6 Years; Required Education: Bachelors; Desired Education: Masters (or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience)
CompTIA Security+ (or other certification IAW DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) 2012
Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance
Willingness to work flexible hours, share on-call responsibility