Programs and Volunteer Coordinator
|Location||Flugplatz Spangdahlem 38, 54529 Spangdahlem, Germany|
START YOUR APPLICATION
For nearly 75 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Program & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations, programs, events and activities of a USO Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- In coordination with USO Leadership and key external agencies, develop, plan, and execute programs and events. Solicit and develop a network of resources capable of and willing to support and/or sponsor USO events and activities. Acquire and/or purchase program and event supplies.*
- Serve as knowledgeable resource related to programs, events, activities and services offered at assigned USO Center, ensuring that programs, events and activities are scheduled and executed within established budget constraints or canceled as needed.
- Coordinate day-to-day volunteer operations for assigned location. Recruit and schedule, train, credential, coordinate and communicate logistics and other requirements related to regular center operations as well as special events and programs. Assist with collection, maintenance and organization of volunteer service records, including contact information, hours worked and formal/informal volunteer recognition.*
- Assist with program and operations communications and awareness. Write and prepare announcements and program descriptions for publication and distribution across multiple internal and external communication channels. Compile stories and photos during and after programs, events and activities for inclusion on social media sites and use by the USO Communications team.
- Perform clerical duties and support Information Desk as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 0-2 years work experience in an administrative and/or event management or marketing support role. Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- General knowledge of safe food handling and storage practices.
- Ability to design & format promotional materials (i.e. brochures, flyers, posters, etc.). Working knowledge of print/production process preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. General knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must be punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to perform basic math and follow proper cash/donation handling and reporting procedures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission.
- This position is located at Spangdahlem Air Base in Spangdahlem, Germany. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
- Resume and Cover Letter are required for full consideration.
- Please apply online at: http://www.uso.org/careers/ and click on “View Our Job Openings”