NETWORK ENGINEER SR PRINCIPAL - Stuttgart
Come join CSRA, Inc. to support our CITS II program in Stuttgart, Germany that represents IT transformation and innovation on a large project with the shared objective to sustain and optimize CONUS and OCONUS mission critical operations. CITS provides full life-cycle O&M and Engineering support to EUCOM and AFRICOM. Please send resume and certs by contacting Keven DeYoung @ email@example.com or call USA +1 (571) 455-6003.
We are seeking a Networking Infrastructure Engineer in Stuttgart, Germany with hands-on networking expertise to assess, design, and integrate enterprise solutions into the EUCOM infrastructure. The candidate will provide engineering support on a team responsible for maintaining and improving EUCOM's networking and data center infrastructure. The candidate will also be responsible for evaluating various technologies to provide optimized solutions based on customer requirements.
- Perform network engineering functions including: conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Assess evolving user needs, translate those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Serve as a resource on IT engineering projects to provide quality solutions and meet deadlines.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Evaluates and tests data, voice or video networking technologies to establish their potential use.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex end user computing problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers; provide cross-training to existing support personnel.
- Manage customer and stakeholder needs, generate and develop requirements, and performs functional analysis.
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining Cisco routers/switches.
- Experience working with network systems, networking principles, data, voice or video
- In-depth understanding of Layer 2/Layer 3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, ACLs, Spanning Tree, HSRP, VPCs, firewalls, load balancers, VPN and general network design
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting using Solarwinds, Wireshark, or similar products
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Cisco Nexus line of switches
- Extensive knowledge of Firewall, Load Balancing and Security related technologies such as Cisco ASA, F5 Load Balancer, Citrix NetScaler, Microsoft Threat Management Gateway, and IDS/IPS solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Security Information Event Manager (SIEM) and/or other tools used in network cyber security efforts like network vulnerability analysis or Netflow analysis
- Experience planning, deploying and maintaining VMware’s NSX software defined networking solution. Troubleshoot NSX Manager, NSX Controller, Distributed Logical Routers, and other Edge devices
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining Citrix Infrastructure (XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler) is a plus
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining VMware vSphere (5.5/6.0) environments
- Experience networking and connecting of block-based SAN protocols (iSCSI, FC and FCoE) and file-based NAS protocols (SMB/CIFS and NFS)
- Proven experience and knowledge of networking technologies and vendors such as VMware VDS, VMware NSX, Cisco, F5, Force10, and Citrix Netscaler
- Experience with Dell Servers, Blade Chassis and Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS)
- Proven experience with DoD security hardening procedures (STIGs)
Qualifications / Certifications
- BS or equivalent + 20 yrs related experience, or MS + 18 yrs related experience
- Cisco Certified Network Proffessional – Routing/Switching , or Security, or Data Center or higher (Required) CCIE prefered
- DoD 8570.1 Technical Level III (Required) (CASP or CSSIP)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or similar
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- On-Call Status will be required
- Secret Clearance
- Must meet TESA requirements