Level II Environmental Professional
JOB DESCRIPTION: Environmental Professional for the Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC), Europe Division, Ramstein AFB, Germany. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical review of assessments, investigation reports, and other technical/policy documents;
- Provide tracking of metrics, supporting data calls, assessment schedules, status, and inventory updates;
- Assist Air Force installations overseas with technical assistance regarding the DoD Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD) or host nation Final Governing Standards (FGS);
- Provide data and analysis support for environmental quality programs; and
- Advise upon policies and procedures and understand the applicable environmental requirements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: There is one Level II Professional position available. Requirements for the position are as follows:
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Natural Science; and, possess experience working environmental programs at or for United States DoD Installations; OCONUS experience is preferred. Must also have a minimum of 6 to 10 years of directly applicable technically related experience since receiving degree. Applicants can substitute 8 years of experience directly related to this announcement for a Bachelor’s Degree. Technical certifications can be substituted for 3 years’ experience.
Candidates most also show experience with the following regulatory compliance management protocols: (Experience in all protocols is required)
- Environmental Planning- Specifically experience in conducting Environmental Impact Analysis studies; and
- Environmental Baseline Studies (EBS)- Specifically experience conducting EBS' and providing reports.
Candidates must be proficient in the following Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and SharePoint. Must have the ability to obtain a NACI/SF85 in accordance with DoD 5200.1-R and AFI 31-501 Information Security.
Candidates will be required to meet and follow German labor laws. Subsequently, at the time of hire, individuals shall have either EU citizenship, be subject to a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), or have a German work/residence permit.