DATACENTER INFRASTRUCTURE Engineer - Stuttgart
Come join CSRA, Inc. to support our CITS II program in Stuttgart, Germany that represents IT transformation and innovation on a large project with the shared objective to sustain and optimize CONUS and OCONUS mission critical operations. CITS provides full life-cycle O&M and Engineering support to EUCOM and AFRICOM. Please send resume and certs by contacting Keven DeYoung @ email@example.com or call USA +1 (571) 455-6003.
SRA is seeking a Datacenter Infrastructure Engineer in Stuttgart, Germany with hands-on expertise to assess, design, and integrate enterprise solutions into the EUCOM infrastructure. The candidate will provide engineering support on a team responsible for maintaining and improving the United States Africa Command’s networking and data center infrastructure. The candidate will also be responsible for evaluating various technologies to provide optimized solutions based on customer requirements.
- Perform Infrastructure engineering functions including: conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Assess evolving user needs, translate those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Serve as a resource on IT engineering projects to provide quality solutions and meet deadlines.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Evaluates and tests data, voice or video networking technologies to establish their potential use.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex end user computing problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers; provide cross-training to existing support personnel.
- Manage customer and stakeholder needs, generate and develop requirements, and performs functional analysis.
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining Cisco routers/switches.
- Experience working with network systems, networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience with Dell Servers, Blade Chassis and Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS)
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining VMware vSphere (5.5/6.0) environments
- Experience networking and connecting of block-based SAN protocols (iSCSI, FC and FCoE) and file-based NAS protocols (SMB/CIFS and NFS)
- In-depth understanding of Layer 2/Layer 3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, ACLs, Spanning Tree, HSRP, VPCs, firewalls, load balancers, VPN and general network design
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting using Solarwinds, Wireshark, or similar products
- Extensive knowledge of Firewall, Load Balancing and Security related technologies such as Cisco ASA, F5 Load Balancer, Citrix NetScaler, Microsoft Threat Management Gateway, and IDS/IPS solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Program designing and implementing Mobile Access, Campus WLAN and VPN solutions.
- Experience with Security Information Event Manager (SIEM) and/or other tools used in network cyber security efforts like network vulnerability analysis or Netflow analysis
- Experience planning, deploying and maintaining VMware’s NSX software defined networking solution. Troubleshoot NSX Manager, NSX Controller, Distributed Logical Routers, and other Edge devices
- Proven experience and knowledge of networking technologies and vendors such as VMware VDS, VMware NSX, Cisco, F5, Force10, and Citrix Netscaler
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining Citrix Infrastructure (XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler) is a plus
- BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience, or MS + 0 yrs experience
- DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II (Required)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing/Switching , or Security, or Data Center or higher (Desired)
- VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization 5.0 or higher (Desired)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or similar (Desired)
- Active Secret clearance required to start
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- Must be onsite in Stuttgart, Germany
- On-Call Status will be required
- Secret Clearance
- Must meet TESA requirements