AMX/CRESTRON Systems Administrator - Stuttgart
Come join CSRA, Inc. to support our CITS II program in Stuttgart, Germany that represents IT transformation and innovation on a large project with the shared objective to sustain and optimize CONUS and OCONUS mission critical operations. CITS provides full life-cycle O&M and Engineering support to EUCOM and AFRICOM. Please send resume and certs by contacting Keven DeYoung @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call USA +1 (571) 455-6003.
We are seeking Systems Administrators in Stuttgart, Germany with AMX, Crestron experience.
Responsible for coordinating with all necessary Commands at EUCOM to satisfy every VTC user request for multipoint, point-to-point, secure, and non-secure VTC conferences. Supervise the installation, operation and maintenance of endpoints including portable systems and software-based Cisco Movi/Jabber clients. Oversee maintenance actions including inspections, service contracts, and upgrades. Perform visual inspections and testing weekly and before every use. Support monthly communication checks. Ensure VTC system components meet all user requirements. Provide user training for call planning, scheduling process, and system controls and operations. The AV system Administrator work closely with other members of the IT engineering and IT Operations.
The AV System Administrator manages installing, setting up and certifying videoconference codec’s.
Maintain and monitor all classified and unclassified VTC scheduled via TMS or the MCU. Lead or assist, as required, with the support (hands-on if necessary) of special events, high profile senior executive meetings conference rooms requiring VTC support.
Configure and maintain operating systems, software and hardware in accordance with DISA, DoD and industry standards/guidelines.
Create, update, and resolve trouble tickets as assigned as well as monitoring queue. Setting up and testing operation of audio visual conference equipment; (e.g. video camera, audio systems and operation of integrated AV systems.
Provide technical consultation, support, and act as lead contact for videoconferencing operations and maintenance.
Maintain usage statistics, issue and repair logs
- Strong working Knowledge of H.320, H.323, Sip and TIP Videoconferencing standards
- Strong working knowledge with major videoconferencing equipment such as:
- Cisco codecs, MCU, TMS and control system.
- Strong knowledge of ISDN network infrastructure and implementation (BRI and T1) H.323 endpoints, Gateways and Gatekeepers.
- Working Knowledge of integrated and nonintegrated video conferencing systems.
- Experience in Audio Visual Solutions to include trouble shooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Qualifications / Certifications
- BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience, or MS + 0 yrs experience
- CompTIA Security+ (or other certification IAW DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II)
- One of the following computing environment certification is required
- CISCO (CCNA/CCDA)
- Unix Sys Admin
- Red Hat RHCSA or RHCE
- 3-5 years of audio visual experience, including control systems (AMX, Crestron)
- 5 years’ experience in video conferencing support
- InfoComm CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) Certification (Desired)
- Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Level Clearance
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- On Call Status may be required
- Must meet TESA requirements